Childbirth Emergencies in the Community – South East – 18 September 2019
7 Hours Relevant for CPD
£120 for full day of training, including lunch, tea and coffee. Please note administration fee charges of £40 per booking will be made for any cancellations as we are a not for profit organisation and will have incurred costs.
Please click to view our FAQs and booking policies.
Relevant For: For those who attend planned or unplanned births in the community such as community midwives, independent midwives, paramedics, MCAs, GPs & practice development midwives.
This one-day course will review and update on important elements in the management of emergency skills that may be needed when women birth at home.
Aims & Objectives
To provide a hands-on practical session that offers clear guidelines and builds confidence on important elements in the management of emergency skills that may be needed when women birth in the community.
It will include:
- Vaginal breech birth.
- Neonatal resuscitation.
- Cord prolapse (to include case discussion).
- Shoulder dystocia (also in water birth).
- Maternal collapse.
- Postpartum haemorrhage (PPH).
- A physiological birth session (paramedics only).
- Communication in a pre-hospital obstetric emergency.
- Profession-specific workstations – communication
with the 999 team, midwifery jargon-busting.